San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: February 28, 2019
ot Porter – Automotive
Our busy dealership is currently looking for a new car lot porter. Love the new car smell? Enjoy driving top of the line new vehicles? Sure, we work hard. But we also take good care of those who work to make our dealership a success. If that’s you, let’s talk. For the right person, the rewards can be outstanding.
Job Responsibilities & Skills
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Note damage and notify service so a claim can be filed within 24 hours
- Perform quality control inspections of all vehicles before being brought to frontline
- Coordinate with sales and service to ensure on-time deliveries
- Attend department meetings
- Work alongside Inventory managers, dealer trades clerk, and sales managers to maintain lot
- Ability to multi-task
- Willing to take initiative and move from task to task with little or no instructions
- Transfer vehicles between lots, events, auctions, etc.
- Ensure vehicles on lot have appropriate fuel in vehicles for customer test drives
- Maintain a clean lot, from debris, trash
- Other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 years of related experience and/or training.
- Candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Compensation is based on experience.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, and company paid training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About our Dealership
Founded in 1919 Jordan Ford is proud to be San Antonio's oldest Ford dealership. Our family values have proven our commitment to customer service is second to none. We believe our employees are our greatest asset! As such, we treat all employees with respect and appreciation for their contributions to the company