Automotive Service Technician
San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: April 30, 2019
Jordan Ford in San Antonio is growing. We are now hiring experienced automotive technicians in all areas including diesel repair. This is a great opportunity for TEAM PLAYERS who are CUSTOMER DRIVEN looking for a long term career rather than just a job. ASE certifications or equivalent dealership experience is required. We will provide additional FORD specific training for the right candidates.
To inspect, maintain, and repair automobiles that run on electricity, gasoline, diesel, or alternative fuels like ethanol. Execute basic care maintenance like tire rotations and oil changes, diagnosing complex problems, and planning and executing vehicle repairs.
- Testing to check whether systems and components are secure and are working properly.
- Isolating the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Driving the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Maintaining efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repairing or replacing worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage.
- Following a checklist in ensuring that, they examine each critical part of the vehicle.
- Watching or inspecting closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Using power tools like pneumatic wrenches in order to remove bolts easily and quickly.
- Using machine tools, such as grinding machines and lathes to rebuild brakes.
- Using common hand tools like screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers, to work on small-scale parts.
- Ability to identify the problem quickly.
- Excellent knowledge of automobiles.
- Good reading, computer, and mathematics skills.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Must take pride in the work performed and always verify the repairs performed
- Additional Ford training provided
- Must have at least a high school diploma/GED
- ASE certifications preferred
- Enjoy working in a fast paced environment
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to work on your feet for extended periods of time
- All applicants must be able to pass pre-employment testing to include background checks, drug test, and valid driver's license
- Basic computer skills
- Positive, friendly attitude, along with a customer service mentality
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401K retirement savings plan, Vacation time, holiday and sick leave, and company paid training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
About our Dealership
Founded in 1919 Jordan Ford is proud to be San Antonio's oldest Ford dealership. Our family values have proven our commitment to customer service is second to none. We believe our employees are our greatest asset! As such, we treat all employees with respect and appreciation for their contributions to the company.