Business Development Management Trainee
San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2019
Business Development Trainee
If you’re looking to jump-start your career with a clear path to advancement, then the Jordan Ford Management Training Program is for you. If you see yourself in market research, sales, business development or management, this program will prepare you to create your own career! As a Business Development Trainee, you will have a defined career path with a clear beginning, and an open end — meaning you can take your training and shape your future here at Jordan Ford. With our promote-from-within philosophy, you will have plenty of opportunities to advance.
As a Sales and Business Development Trainee, you’ll start learning our business from day one! You will be entrusted to serve as both the voice of Jordan Ford to customers and the behind-the-scenes business development expert. In our structured program, you will master the knowledge and skills you need to improve business development, cultivate new business, prepare to be in a sales professional role, and develop your career. In our hands-on learning environment, you will receive the guidance, mentoring, and support you need to be successful. We’ll teach you how to excel at customer service, sales, marketing research, and management. And you’ll learn what it means to always put our customers first. Jordan Ford’s mission statement is “One Team, One Goal, One Family” which is the key to our 100 years of success serving our customers — and the development of our employees.
- 30 hours per week in the Business Development Center
- 10 hours per week in sales training
- Complete all sales certifications in STARS, our Ford training portal
- Regularly attend sales meetings and trainings
- Actively work with current top sales professionals and managers to develop your sales skills, procedures and practices, to help facilitate a successful transition into your new role.
- Work on one project per month with month end completion presentations to leaders and the sales teams
- Bachelor's degree required. Accepting applications with majors in business, sales, marketing, communications or related field preferred.
In addition to a Bachelor's degree you must have at least one of the following:
- Experience in sales, marketing or management within a sales environment.
- Experience in relevant organizational leadership position (i.e. leadership in volunteer organizations, clubs, military or collegiate / professional athletics)
- Must have a high level of interest in working in a sales environment.
- Must be available to work an average of 40 hours per week.
- Must be able to pass a Background check, driving record check and drug screening.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, 401(k) retirement savings plan, vacation time, holiday and sick leave, and company paid training. Our company maintains a strong policy of equal employment opportunity for all associates. We hire, train, promote and compensate associates on the basis of personal and professional competence and potential for advancement without regard for race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, disability or citizenship, as well as other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
About our Dealership
Founded in 1919 Jordan Ford is proud to be San Antonio's oldest Ford dealership. Our family values have proven our commitment to customer service is second to none. We believe our employees are our greatest asset! As such, we treat all employees with respect and appreciation for their contributions to the company.